Fochabers retain Senior League title
Fochabers retained their NoSCA Senior League title with a hard fought victory over near neighbours Buckie on Saturday.
In a low scoring game at Linzie Gordon Park, Fochabers batted first on a wicket described as looking 'very green' and struggled to 79 for 9 off their allotted 45 overs. The home side would have been fancying their chances of taking the outcome of the championship into the final weekend of the season but lost wickets steadily in their reply and were eventually all out for just 67 runs.
Accordingly, Fochabers become the first winners of the NoSCA Senior League title sponsored by Black Dog Financial Services.
Elsewhere, Highland recorded a comfortable victory at Cooper Park, beating Elgin by 152 runs thanks to 82 from Euan Smith and 42 from Varun Nataragan. Not for the the first time this season the home batting collapsed in response, as Elgin crumbled to just 56 all out.
Over at Grant Park, Forres picked up full points in a fixture where the bat very much dominated the ball. Graeme Carney continued his excellent form in making 118 out of Ross County's 198 for 4. But his knock was eclipsed by Pal Dhami, who stroked an unbeaten 128 (his third league century of the season) to lead his side to victory by 8 wickets with seven overs to spare.
- 2018-07-23 Buckie crowned 2018 T20 Champions
- 2018-07-05 Senior T20 Group Stages
- 2018-06-18 Reserve T20 Finals Day
- 2018-06-04 NoSCA Knock-Out Cup Semi Final Fixtures
- 2018-05-23 Updated Playing Conditions
- 2018-05-21 Forres St Lawrence survive round 1 of the Scottish Cup
- 2017-08-24 Venue change
- 2017-08-18 Fixture venue changes
- 2017-08-04 Changes to the published fixture schedule
- 2017-07-25 Updated T20 Playing Conditions